2012 was a rollercoaster for businesses. Many companies have seen complete recoveries from the recent recession, while others are still struggling to be back to where they were a few years ago. Each week, Wall Street pundits told us the economy was recovered, and the next day they told us the world was ending and that the fiscal cliff was the end of life as we knew it. The misinterpretation of the Mayan calendar came and went, and no less than 3 predicted apocalypses never saw the light of day. Unfortunately, the reality of hurricane Sandy came and devastated homes and businesses. Other natural disasters and political instability disrupted supply chains and people’s lives globally. But, we've seen resilience from individuals and companies alike.
For some of us in the business world, 2012 yielded unbelievable growth, and we hope the trend continues! I’d like to take a moment to reflect on some of our highlights:
- January 2013 marks our fifth birthday!
- The end of 2012 marked our 1,938th post!
- We experienced the 5th consecutive year of double digit percentage growth.
- 2012 marked our largest employee growth year ever
- 2012 marked our largest client growth year ever
- 2012 had our highest amount of guest speaking events of our staff members
- 2012 marked our 20th year anniversary (see the video here)
- See our strategic sourcing infographic highlights!
Thank you for helping us become who we are today!
2012 was a stellar year for us here, and we hope it was for you as well. Either way, we hope that 2013 will be healthy and prosperous for all of our readers and Source One’s customers.