While most would consider procurement and strategic sourcing to be a pretty dry topic, there are a few stand-out books that are well worth the read. Here are a few of our favorite books that talk about a variety of topics in Procurement and Strategic Sourcing:
- Managing Indirect Spend, Enhancing Profitability Through Strategic Sourcing. – This hardcover or e-book weighs in at a whopping 446 pages and is jam-packed full of insights for the procurement and sourcing professional. While the book provides many examples on conducting strategic souring initiatives for indirect spend categories; the approach, methodology, change management, and procedures that are outlined in the early chapters apply to managing and sourcing any type of spend.
This book, was written by industry thought leaders at Source One, a leading procurement services provider who are also primary authors of StrategicSourceror.com.
- Procurement At A Crossroads, Career-Impacting Insights into a Rapidly Changing Industry - The procurement profession is changing. Procurement and Supplier Management is at a Crossroads. Procurement professionals are responding to pressure from executive leadership to become more strategic, in some cases eliminating tactical work through outsourcing or automation. At the same time, key performance indicators emphasize the need to continue negotiating savings and managing supplier performance. This book aids practitioners in developing a vision for their medium- and long-term career goals, and shows them how to balance the need to become more strategic while out-performing tactical expectations.
- Get it at Amazon http://amzn.to/2dRH86H
- Supply Market Intelligence for Procurement Professionals - This procurement book provides procurement professionals with the process, practical real-world tactics, and guidance needed to design and develop a supply market intelligence program. Penned by two of our favorites. Jeanette Jones and Kelly Barner (of Buyers Meeting Point). The book will teach you to integrate strategy within existing purchasing and sourcing team structures and processes, and deliver significant value to your organization.
- Get it at Amazon: http://amzn.to/2dSm4cD