- obtaining a credit report from the three credit bureaus for free.
- reviewing the credit report and identifying any inaccuracies or outdated information to dispute.
- writing letters of dispute to the credit bureaus
- Once an item is changed or deleted, the credit bureau cannot put that information back on the credit report.
- The credit bureau must provide a notice that details the name, address, and phone number of the entity that reported the item on the credit report.
- The consumer can request the credit bureaus to send notices of the corrections/changes to credit report inquirers (within 6 months).
- The consumer can request that the credit bureau send a corrected report copy to anyone for employment purposes (within the past two years).
Many valuable resources are available online. Research today for freedom tomorrow.
Make it a goal to be debt free and stay debt free.