March 28th, 2012 - Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
Nearly seven years after its initial debut, WhyAbe.com reinvents itself with a completely redesigned interface, new tools, new features and improved navigation. WhyAbe provides free electronic sourcing tools to buyers of all sizes from all industries, and provides suppliers with free marketing tools and the ability to win new business opportunities. Launched in 2005 by Source One Management Services, LLC; WhyAbe.com was designed partly with the intention of upsetting the existing eSourcing tools marketplace, which were traditionally so expensive that only the largest corporations could afford them. Now, in 2012, seven years after most industry pundits said it would not succeed, the site is still growing its user membership and has seen adoption from corporate, residential and government users alike.
WhyAbe continues to grow its feature set and tool portfolio. The enhancements and features are added based on the demand of its user community. The most requested features are added first, and this newest release is just the initial debut of new functionalities that will be released on a much more rapid schedule moving forward.
Whats New with WhyAbe.com?
- A completely revamped user interface. Get the information you need much faster and easier with new navigation and an improved dashboard.
- A new series of of Reverse Auction types. These new event types satisfy certain government requirements for having a sealed bid (tender opener) during an event.
- A new supplier catalog system. Suppliers can now build a company profile card, and showcase their products or services, all at no cost.
- Tie-ins with social media. Now you can promote your RFX events as a buyer, or catalogs as a supplier with easy to use social media sharing buttons. Buyers can even configure the buttons to allow other users to promote their events.
- Greater customization of user preferences, such as default images, personalized timezones and more; to help cut down on the time it takes to create a sourcing event.
- An improved "About Me" functionality that now allows users to interact socially and make share profile links to other social media sites such as Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn.
- A Supplier List building functionality, which allows buyers the ability to build supplier lists over time and use that list in an eSourcing event at a later date.
- Automatic event refreshes. Now you can watch your sourcing event in real time, watch bid pricing or auction ranks update in real time, whithout having to refresh your browser.
- And More!
“We are extremely pleased with our newest release of WhyAbe.com. Our new design and user interface makes it much easier to use, and our new features have been created specifically at the request of our existing end users. More importantly, our latest release has now laid the groundwork for many exciting new features and enhancements which will be rolling out in greater frequency in the near future,” said William Dorn, Vice President of Operations for Source One Management Services, LLC and WhyAbe.com.
So what are you waiting for, register on WhyAbe.com and start collaborating with your supply chain.