During the sourcing process "We wanted to compare the proposal pricing to what we had gotten through our rigorous sourcing process. We spent dozens of hours on this process, issuing a formal RFP, and doing all the things typically done to maximize competitive pressures", says Dominick on his blog.
The Strategic Sourceror was pleased to find out that the deal on MasterNegotiator.com was selected as the best total value by Charles after his rigorous sourcing process was completed. Charles goes on to conclude "Technically, from a pure cost standpoint, it was not worth the resources we dedicated to sourcing. If we weren’t doing this exercise for blog material, we would have been better off just going with the deal on MasterNegotiator.com and not spending our time sourcing".
MasterNegotiator.com will continue to add additional categories and best in class contracts to the site for purchasing professionals that want a self service model. Many companies do not have the resources to conduct a full blown sourcing process or their spend does not provide them with the leverage to negotiate steep discounts with suppliers. For companies with larger spends, custom sourcing is available through Source One Management Services.
- Office Supply Vendor's Dirty Tricks, Part I - Phantom Leverage
- Office Supply Vendor's Dirty Tricks, Part II - Car Mirror Discount
- Office Supply Vendor's Dirty Tricks, Part III - Intro to MasterNegotiator
- Office Supply Vendor's Dirty Tricks, Part IV - The Summary
- Master Negotiator's Office Supplies Pre-Negotiated Agreement